ALLIANCE-L Archives

April 2022

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2022 10:09:38 -0400
**Apologies for cross posting**

We’re delighted to share news of our virtual events next month — our
monthly webinar on Strategic Management of the Research Process
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/strategic-management-research-process>);
another in our series of ODI Conformance Workshops
<https://www.niso.org/events/odi-conformance-statement-workshop-content-providers>
(open to all); and a virtual conference on Text and Data Mining
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/text-and-data-mining>.

Monthly webinar (free for NISO members)

Strategic Management of the Research Process
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/strategic-management-research-process>

Wednesday, May 11, 11.00am - 12.30pm Eastern Daylight Time (US/Canada)

This webinar will consider what the larger changes to the research process
— from grant application to measuring research impact — may mean for
strategic planning across the different stakeholder organizations operating
in the information ecosystem. Confirmed speakers: Jennifer Green,
University of Chicago Libraries; Brian Hitson, Department of Energy; Michael
F. Huerta, National Library of Medicine, NIH; and Greg Raschke, North
Carolina State University Libraries.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-strategic-management-of-the-research-process-registration-201761944407>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization)

Community webinar — open to all

ODI Conformance Workshop for Content Providers
<https://www.niso.org/events/odi-conformance-statement-workshop-content-providers>

Monday, May 23, 11.00am - 12.00 Noon, Eastern Daylight Time (US/Canada)

Are you interested in showing support for the Open Discovery Initiative but
find the conformance statement requirements confusing or intimidating? Are
you concerned about how your organization will be perceived if you submit
an imperfect statement? In this free workshop we will break down the
requirements into manageable thematic sections, discuss why perfect is the
enemy of the good, and share experiences with others who are in the same
boat. Speaker: Rachel Kessler, Clarivate Analytics.

Register for free
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-2022-odi-conformance-statement-workshop-for-content-providers-tickets-325043081607>
to receive joining instructions

Virtual conference (discount for NISO members)

Text and Data Mining
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/text-and-data-mining>

Wednesday, May 25, 12.00 - 4.00pm Eastern Daylight Time (US/Canada)

This virtual conference will provide an “explainer” for information
professionals tasked with supporting researchers who are just beginning to
engage with TDM, and wondering how to pull the data they need, how it is
structured, and how they can expect to engage with it. Confirmed speakers
include: Peter Knoth, The Open University; Prathik Roy, Springer Nature; Huajin
Wang, Carnegie Mellon University; and John A. Walsh, HathiTrust Research
Center.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-text-and-data-mining-registration-199426147977>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization) — discount for NISO
members

Please see our events page <https://www.niso.org/events> for more
information, including updates on confirmed speakers.

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302