ALLIANCE-L Archives

August 2018

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2018 20:08:00 +0000

Good afternoon!

The CAL Leadership Development Committee is getting ready to welcome the 6th CAL Leadership Institute (CALLI) cohort beginning in August 2018. As part of the yearlong Institute, each of the CALLI participants will be looking for a mentor with whom they can connect with regularly, practice new skills, discuss professional challenges and opportunities, and add to their professional network.

To help our participants find the right mentor, we will be holding a half-day session on October 26, 2018 where participants will learn more about the CALLI mentoring component, tips for maximizing the mentor/mentee relationship, and hopefully spend time networking with influential Colorado library staff such as yourself!

Due to your successful completion of CALLI, we cordially invite you to attend this mentoring session along with our new cohort! We think your experience and wisdom would be a great fit for a growing library leader!

Along with information about the CALLI mentoring program, we are planning a fun networking event where CALLI participants and potential mentors can connect and learn more about one another.

When: Thursday October 26, 2018 from 9 AM – 12 PM

Where – Parker Library, 20105 Mainstreet, Parker, CO 80134 - Map<[log in to unmask],-104.75438,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6eb8b803fe0e3158?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0q6nF0LjcAhUK0IMKHQm8AMgQ_BIIzAEwCg" target="_blank">https:[log in to unmask],-104.75438,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x6eb8b803fe0e3158?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0q6nF0LjcAhUK0IMKHQm8AMgQ_BIIzAEwCg>

Please let me know if you are interested in attending this event, so I can forward you the agenda as we get closer to the event.

If you will be unable to attend the event, but are still interested in being considered as a mentor for one of our participants, feel free to let me know that as well. The CAL Leadership Development Committee often offer mentor suggestions to the CALLI participants and we would be more than happy to pass along your name and contact information.

Lastly, if you are not interested, or simply do not have the time in the coming year to be considered as a mentor, let us know and we can remove you from our email list.

Thanks of behalf of Christine Kreger, Rose Nelson, and the CAL Leadership Development Committee!

Rose Nelson
Assistant Director, MLIS
President-Elect, Colorado Academic Library Association
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
3801 E. Florida Ave. Ste #515
Denver, CO 80210
https://www.coalliance.org<https://www.coalliance.org/>
303-759-3399 X103

Christine Kreger
Professional Development Consultant
Colorado State Library, Library Development
[cid:imagec7c835.PNG@c9173d37.42b55607]<http://www.cde.state.co.us>
P 303.866.6946
201 East Colfax Avenue, Room 308, Denver, CO 80203
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  www.cde.state.co.us<http://www.cde.state.co.us>

[cid:image1d201f.PNG@16cc5dbb.4b8c8370]<https://www.facebook.com/codepted>  [cid:imageaf3f88.PNG@d5e3b4a1.48b3763b] <https://twitter.com/codepted>   [cid:image9df4a4.PNG@97054a83.48af758b] <http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>   [cid:image801731.PNG@370fa78e.4687360d] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students. Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.