ALLIANCE-L Archives

March 2012

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries List ALLIANCE-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:25:30 +0000
Hello,

Jim Duncan from the Colorado State Library has asked me to pass this list along to the Alliance listserv.

**************************************

There is power in the human voice to create images, shape perceptions, and inform. Oral histories capture this unique aspect of humanity, bringing stories to life and building collective memory-but archives, museums, libraries, and historical societies struggle with how to manage and share oral-history interviews.

Colorado Voice Preserve is a collaborative effort that addresses part of this challenge by developing a shared infrastructure and repository. Planning is already underway, and we would like to hear from you regarding oral-history interest, activity, and needs.

Please visit the survey link below. All we ask is 3-5 minutes of your time. Please respond by March 30.

https://www.research.net/s/ColoradoVoicePreserve

Warmest regards,
- Colorado Humanities
- History Colorado
- Colorado State Library

About Colorado Voice Preserve:
http://voicepreserve.org/

About us:
- Colorado Humanities is the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, with a mission to encourage Coloradans to explore and appreciate our diverse culture and heritage, because democracy requires wisdom and vision.
- As the designated steward of state history, History Colorado engages the public in statewide cultural and heritage resources, helping individuals and families to uncover the past and discover perspectives for the future.
- The State Library provides leadership and expertise in developing services for hundreds of school, public, academic, and special libraries-with a primary goal to improve the ability of those same libraries to serve all Coloradans.

--
Jim Duncan, Director
Networking & Resource Sharing

[http://www.whatsnextlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/whatsnext-logo.jpg]<http://www.whatsnextlibraries.org/>
Your Future. Libraries help you get there.

Email secured by Check Point