ALLIANCE-L Archives

May 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2020 11:57:45 -0400
*Apologies for cross-posting*

We’re delighted to say that our program of virtual events now includes
another free webinar in May on the timely topic of Seamless Access. In
addition, the 13th Annual BISG-NISO Changing Standards Landscape forum and
our annual members’ meeting, both of which usually take place in person at
the ALA annual conference, will instead be held as free webinars in June
allowing for much wider participation. Registration for all other virtual
events covers an unlimited number of staff* from your organization, with
free or discounted rates for NISO members — please see below for details of
all our upcoming events through the end of June.

*Online Training for Product ManagersEight sessions, 11.00am -
12.30pmET/4.00pm - 5.30pm BST, starting May 14 *

*Chris Shillum of Swiss House Information is facilitating this new course
for early- to mid-career professionals on Agile Product and Project
Management for Information Products and Services
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/agile-product-and-project-management-information-products-and-services>,
with guest speakers Geoffrey Bilder (Crossref), Patricia Brennan (CZI),
Jonathan Clark (consultant), Deborah Boock (Elsevier), Serena Rosenhan
(ProQuest), and Eric Swenson (consultant). Registration open through May 28
<http://www.cvent.com/events/niso-training-series-agile-product-and-project-management-for-information-products-and-services/event-summary-2cc9459816174b8b9a2541143c58295b.aspx>
(DISCOUNT
FOR NISO MEMBERS)*

*Webinar on Artificial IntelligenceMay 20, 1.00pm - 2.30pm ETFREE for all
staff at NISO member organizations*

*The second in a two-part NFAIS Forethought series on Artificial
Intelligence will focus on Processes for Media Analysis and Extractio
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/nfais-forethought-artificial-intelligence-2-processes-media-analysis-and-extraction>n,
with guest speakers Stuart Maxwell (Scholarly iQ), Ruth Pickering (Yewno),
and Jake Zarnegar (Silverchair). *
*RSVP using this form <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSVP-May20-AI> to
receive individual joining instructions (FREE FOR NISO MEMBERS)*

*Webinar on Seamless AccessMay 26, 1.00pm - 2.00pm ET*

*Heather Flanagan, Program Director for SeamlessAccess.org, will moderate
this webinar on Browser Changes and Identity Federation:The Impact on
Identity Flows
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/05/browser-changes-and-identity-federation-impact-identity-flows>,
with speaker George Fletcher, Identity Standards Architect at Verizon Media
Inc. RSVP using this form
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SeamlAcess-May26> to receive individual
joining instructions (FREE REGISTRATION FOR EVERYONE)*

*COMING SOON!*

   - June 10 at 1.00pm ET — Webinar: No More Big Deal? Picking and Choosing
   Titles for Use
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/no-more-big-deal-picking-and-choosing-titles-use>*
(FREE
   FOR MEMBERS)*
   - June 17 at noon ET — Virtual Conference: Changes in Higher Education
   and The Information Marketplace
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/changes-higher-education-and-information-marketplace>
    (*DISCOUNTED REGISTRATION FOR MEMBERS)*
   - June 24 at noon ET — Webinar: Thirteenth Annual BISG-NISO Changing
   Standards Landscape Forum
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/13th-annual-niso-bisg-changing-standards-landscape-forum>
    *(RSVP using this form
   <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NISO_BISG_13-Jun24> to receive individual
   joining instructions)*
   - June 26 at 11am ET — Webinar: NISO Annual Members Meeting and Update
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2020/06/niso-annual-members-meeting-and-standards-update>
    *(RSVP using this form
   <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NISO-Annual-Mtg-Jun26> to receive
   individual joining instructions)*

The schedule for the rest of the year is available on our events page
<https://www.niso.org/events>, and we hope that you and your colleagues
will take advantage of the free or discounted member registration for all
our events.

*Registration is open for all our virtual events now*
<https://www.niso.org/events> — we’ll share joining instructions beforehand
with registered participants.

*See events page for more information, and contact us <[log in to unmask]> if
you have questions !

Best Wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO