ALLIANCE-L Archives

February 2017

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:24:44 +0000
Please excuse cross postings.

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:18 AM
Subject: Successful Supervision Workshop - Registration is Open

The Colorado State Library is pleased to offer another round of our in-depth 2-day supervision workshop facilitated by Pat Wagner from Pattern Research Inc.

When: Tuesday April 4 and Wednesday April 5, 2017

Where: Arapahoe Library District Administration Office

Registration Fee = $0.00

There is no charge for this workshop. Workshop registration includes the speaker and materials for the 2-day session, and a boxed lunch for both days.

Requirements:

•         Participants must be available to attend both days of the workshop.

•         Participants must be currently working as a supervisor in a Colorado library (Includes public, school, academic and special).

•         Due to high demand, we are asking each library district/organization to limit your registration to one staff member per organization. (If for some reason we do not fill all of the slots, we will consider wait list registrants, but will limit to just one staff member per building or location.)

To learn more about this opportunity and how you can register, visit the Library Creation and Learning website!
http://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/successful-supervision-registration-required/

Comments from the 2016 Successful Supervision Workshop

I was pleasantly surprised that as an academic supervisor that my situations were understood and my concerns we meet with great expectation.

This was my first workshop with Pat... I'm a fan. This session covered a lot of information without feeling bogged down or bored. I also met some neat people. And finally, I feel like I can take what I learned to apply it myself and share it with other members of my team and my family. Thank you so much for offering it!

I found all of the information Pat provided extremely helpful/valuable. I enjoyed that she kept me so engaged and that she broke everything down in simple terms. I also enjoyed getting to work with all of the different attendees to build a better connection with them all instead of just three or four. Another thing I enjoyed about this workshop was how hands on it was. This is the first workshop I attended where we did such in depth practice and I really enjoyed that. I believe it helped more of the information "sink in". It was excellent! Thank you for having it.