ALLIANCE-L Archives

March 2022

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2022 14:00:29 -0500
**Apologies for cross posting**

Registration is open now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-digitization-discovery-and-use-registration-199424352607>
for our next virtual conference, from 12.00pm - 4.00pm Eastern Time
(US/Canada) on Wednesday, March 23, which will provide a library
perspective on the important topic of Digitization, Discovery, and Use
<http://www.niso.org/events/2022/03/digitization-discovery-and-use>.

Stakeholders across the information community have poured significant
resources into the creation of digitized collections, with varying degrees
of success. Taking a case study approach, the speakers at this virtual
conference will consider what steps are needed to improve and support swift
discovery of these resources at the point of need? Are they properly
accessible? What technologies were used in creating the digital forms, and
how well are they working? Where do “digitize-and-return” projects fit into
all this?

Representing a range of library organizations, speakers include: Julia
Corrin, Carnegie Mellon University; Nicole Finzer, Northwestern
University; Mike
Furlough,The HathiTrust; and Edward Galloway, University of Pittsburgh.

As always, registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-digitization-discovery-and-use-registration-199424352607>
includes an unlimited number of attendees from your organization and there
are discounts for NISO members. Or sign up for our Buy Three, Get Three
package <https://www.niso.org/buy-3-get-3-2022-virtual-conferences>, so you
and your colleagues can attend all our virtual conferences in 2022 for half
price (including further discounts for NISO members):

   -

   May 25: Text and Data Mining
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/text-and-data-mining>
   -

   August 24: Open Source and Community-Supported Infrastructure
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/08/open-source-and-community-supported-infrastructure>
   -

   September 21: Building Access, Openness, and Sharing
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/09/building-access-openness-and-sharing>
   -

   October 26: Building an Equitable, Global Research Community
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/building-equitable-global-research-community>

We hope to see you on March 23!

Best wishes

The NISO Team