ALLIANCE-L Archives

January 2023

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2023 10:00:22 -0500
**Apologies for cross posting**

NISO Plus 2023 is just a few short weeks away and, if you haven’t booked
your place at this year’s virtual conference, now’s the time! Our generous
early bird discounts are available through January 9, with group tickets
for five or more attendees starting at just $99 each for NISO members/$149
each for non-members. Individual tickets are $139 for NISO members, $179
for non-members. And, if you’re a student, early career professional,
unemployed, or retired, or if you’re from outside the top 30 countries by
GDP, you’ll pay just $30 (irrespective of when you register). So don’t
delay, *book your place(s) now*
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
to take advantage of the early bird rates!

The NISO Plus conference is developed by and for the global information
community. Each year our planning committee of information professionals
from around the world <https://niso.plus/np23-planning-committee/> helps us
identify the topics and speakers that are of most interest to them and
their organizations, which form our invited sessions. We invite session
proposals from the community, to expand the coverage further. And this
year, we’re also incorporating the most popular ideas generated at the NISO
Plus Forum <https://niso.plus/forum/> in September into the conference
program. Together with keynotes from David Weinberger
<https://sched.co/1D7ov>, Caleb Kibet <https://sched.co/1D7r3>, Yuko
Harayama <https://sched.co/1D7rF>, and Miles Conrad Awardee, Safiya Umoja
Noble <https://sched.co/1D7q5>, we can guarantee that there truly will be
something for everyone at NISO Plus 2023.

Here are just some of the topics and themes we’re looking forward to!

Metadata

Metadata is THE hot topic at this year’s conference. We have an entire
track dedicated to the topic <https://np23.sched.com/overview/type/Track+3>,
and there are also numerous sessions in the other tracks. Whether you want
to know how to design a metadata fitness program <https://sched.co/1D7oy>, make
the business case for metadata <https://sched.co/1D7pA>, or visualize
institutional research activity using PID metadata <https://sched.co/1D7qB>,
if you’re interested in metadata then NISO Plus 2023 is the conference for
you!

Asia Pacific

If you’re based in the Asia Pacific region — or interested in getting an
Asia Pacific perspective on information community issues — we have a great
program lined up for you. As in previous years, NISO Plus 2023 is divided
into two blocks of time, one of which takes place during Asia Pacific
office hours, and that includes our closing keynote, by Dr. Harayama
<https://sched.co/1D7rF>.

Librarians

Ensuring that we include a librarian perspective in as many sessions as
possible is key to NISO Plus’s success as a conference for the whole
information community. A sample from this year includes: collaborating to
implement Seamless Access <https://sched.co/1D7pq>; creating digital
collections with and for Indigenous communities
<https://sched.co/1D7pk>; understanding
the value of OA usage information <https://sched.co/1D7qN>; metadata
quality and completeness <https://sched.co/1D7qH>; and more.

As usual, we will be pre-recording most of the presentations and playing
them live during the conference, followed by the in-depth audience
discussions you’ve come to associate with NISO Plus.The recordings will be
made available to registrants before the conference, so you can listen in
at any time, irrespective of when the live session is taking place.

For more information, please check out the full schedule
<https://np23.sched.com/>. And remember—register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
to benefit from the early bird discount!

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302