ALLIANCE-L Archives

August 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 14:46:39 +0000
Please excuse cross postings:

Hello,

Throughout the last few years we have been in discussion with the State Library about SWIFT, the statewide interlibrary loan system, joining Prospector. The VDX software that SWIFT uses is nearing end of life and so this was the perfect opportunity to migrate SWIFT to Prospector.
The Alliance and State Library are really excited to be able to provide this opportunity for our library community at large.   By partnering with the State Library to connect SWIFT members to the Prospector network, we are greatly expanding the resource sharing landscape.  Bringing these groups together in one service will be bringing the state the closest to achieving a "statewide" catalog than it has been able to do up until now.

The INN-Reach migration will be carried out in phases, beginning in fall 2020 and continuing into winter 2021.  The State Library and III will work closely to migrate these libraries over time.

School libraries will be included in the SWIFT migration.  Their membership will be partnered with their local libraries, making their configuration different than it currently is in the SWIFT system.

I'm sure you have a ton of questions, and you're not alone!  We are at the beginning of the migration process.  I will continue to share details with you as we move forward.

We're very much looking forward to this next step in the SWIFT program, and the enhanced partnership between the Colorado State Library and the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries.

Rose

Rose Nelson
Assistant Director/Prospector Coordinator
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
303-759-3399 X103
3801 E. Florida Ave.
Denver, CO 80210