ALLIANCE-L Archives

March 2010

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Dennis Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries List ALLIANCE-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:05:26 -0600
Hi all you Colorado librarians.  I know that this list is for Maine librarians, and excuse an Oklahoma librarian for posting to this list, but I thought that some of you would enjoy taking this survey. Steve Bell has discussed the idea of getting rid of the Reference Desk, and I have a survey that asks questions pertaining to that idea.  Enjoy!

                    SOUTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
                           INFORMED CONSENT STATEMENT

2010 Survey of Librarians on the Future of the Reference desk

You are invited to participate in a research study. The purpose of this study is to determine what kinds of reference services are being offered at all kinds of libraries and if libraries are planning to change the way they offer reference services based on students' behaviors. It will be greatly appreciated if you can take this survey.

Information
If you choose to participate in this study, you will be presented with 10 questions.
I estimate that participation in this survey will take less than 10 minutes.
I hope to recruit as many librarians as possible for participation in this survey. Your participation is greatly appreciated!

Risks
There are no foreseeable risks associated with this study.

Benefits
You will contribute to research that may help to answer the changing role of the  reference librarian and where these librarians can best provide services to meet the needs of the student populations at different institutions of higher learning.  Benefits will also fall on public libraries also.

Confidentiality
No personally identifying information is maintained in connection with survey results. Your responses are not connected with you in any way.  In other words, this is an anonymous survey.

Contact
If you have questions at any time about the study or the procedures, you may contact the researcher, Dennis Miles, LIB 103, 580-745-2396, or by email at [log in to unmask]

If you feel you have not been treated according to the descriptions in this form, or your rights as a participant in research have been violated during the course of this project, you may contact the chair of the office for the Southeastern Oklahoma State University Human Subjects Research Review Committee, at 580/745-2338, or by e-mail at [log in to unmask]

Participation
Your participation in this study is voluntary. If you decide to participate, you may withdraw from the study at anytime, and you may refuse to answer any question.

Consent
If you would like, please print this page for your records.
HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE SURVEY

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LNVHH2B