ALLIANCE-L Archives

August 2006

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
"McCune, Bonnie" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries List ALLIANCE-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:49:02 -0600
Top 5 Reasons Your Library Should Celebrate Constitution Day

1) The freedom to read is essential to our democracy.

2) Reading is among our greatest freedoms.

3) Libraries support democracy by supplying information about
government, news events, and society.

4) A well informed citizenry is essential to democracy.

5) Libraries are the epitome of democracy -- free access to everyone.

Packets of Constitution Day materials are going out in the next few
weeks to ALL Colorado public schools (attn:  school library media
contact), public libraries and academic libraries.  Use them to create
displays, initiate interest, build partnerships.

Spread the word about these wonderful resources.  This project is
sponsored by the Colorado Association of Libraries.

Bonnie F. McCune
Library Community Programs Consultant
   DID YOU KNOW?  Colorado has a total of 1401 school libraries,
   outnumbering McDonald's restaurants nearly 8 to 1.
Colorado State Library
201 E Colfax #309
Denver, CO  80203
(v) 303.866.6891, (f) 303.866.6940