ALLIANCE-L Archives

October 2008

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries List ALLIANCE-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:40:49 -0600
Please excuse multiple postings:

Greetings,

Join your colleagues from Alliance libraries in a discussion about how
to manage and preserve born digital content.  This round table will be
held on October 28th from 1-4pm at the CO Alliance.  (located at 3801 E.
Florida Ave. Ste #515 just north of I-25 and Colo. Blvd exit.  We are
directly across from Circuit City.

The ADR provides a new opportunity for managing these collections. What
are some techniques in preserving the various types of collections from
manuscripts to university records to photo collections?  Are there grant
opportunities for funding preservation of born digital content? Share
strategies and learn techniques for managing and preserving born digital
collections. Please bring your ideas and concerns about this topic as
well.

If you would like to attend this round table, RSVP to Rose at

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson
Systems Librarian