ALLIANCE-L Archives

September 2022

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:01:07 -0400
**Apologies for cross posting**

With October just around the corner, we are happy to share details of our
upcoming events! Our second training series of the year, on Research
Methods and Tools
<https://www.niso.org/events/research-methods-and-tools-2022-assessment-training-series>,
starts on October 11, followed the next day by our monthly webinar on
Cybersecurity <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/cybersecurity>. We’re
offering another of our free workshops on ODI Conformance Statement for
Libraries
<https://www.niso.org/events/odi-conformance-statement-workshop-libraries>
on October 17, and we’ll close out the month with a virtual conference
on Building
an Equitable Global Research Community
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/building-equitable-global-research-community>
(October 26).

Training Series — early bird and NISO member discounts available!

Research Methods and Tools: A 2022 Assessment Training Series
<https://www.niso.org/events/research-methods-and-tools-2022-assessment-training-series>

October 11 - December 13, 11.30 - 1.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

We’re pleased to announce that early bird registration is now open for this
training series, which comprises six, 90-minute sessions. Led by
experienced trainer Martha Kyrillidou, who consults in management,
evaluation, assessment and R&D activities, the course will provide an
interactive, hands-on introduction to research methods and tools.

Register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/research-methods-and-tools-a-2022-assessment-training-series-tickets-425089783987>
to take advantage of the NISO and early bird discounts — $625 for NISO
members, a saving of $70 (good for registrations through October 12)

Monthly webinar — free for NISO members

Cybersecurity <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/cybersecurity>

Wednesday, October 12, 11.00am - 12.30pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

From issues of authentication to the threats posed by ransomware, all
organizations must prioritize protections for digital identities and
assets. Libraries, funding agencies, content and platform providers, and
end users are largely aware of the dangers, but hesitate over the potential
inconvenience and hidden costs of addressing them. What can be done? This
roundtable discussion will provide insights and encouragement. Confirmed
speakers are: David Batho, Jisc; Robb Burgess, Silverchair; Skott Klebe,
EBSCO Information Services; and Amy Pawlowski, OHIOLink.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-cybersecurity-registration-201780349457>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization) — free for NISO
members; recording will be shared with all registered attendees

Webinar — free for everyone

ODI Conformance Statement for Libraries
<https://www.niso.org/events/odi-conformance-statement-workshop-libraries>

October 17, 3.00 - 4.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

Struggling to fill out the ODI Conformance Statement for Libraries?  Need
some help determining how to approach this work for your institution?  Join
NISO Open Discovery Initiative Steering Committee library representatives
for a free one-hour workshop to learn more about ODI (Open Discovery
Initiative) and library conformance, get tips on how to approach each area
of conformance, and use a provided worksheet to create an action plan for
next steps in preparing and publishing your institution’s conformance
statement. Confirmed speakers are: Teresa Hazen, University of Arizona; Laura
Morse, Harvard University; Geoff Morse, Northwestern University; and Ken
Varnum, University of Michigan.

Register here for free
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-2022-odi-conformance-statement-workshop-for-libraries-tickets-406257275447>
— joining instructions will be provided a few days before the event

Virtual conference — discount for NISO members

Building an Equitable Global Research Community
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/building-equitable-global-research-community>

Wednesday, October 26, 12.00 - 4.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

Irrespective of discipline, it’s essential that the high-quality research
being undertaken everywhere is brought to the fore. How can we better
ensure that the important work being done in less visible locations or
facilities is more discoverable and properly recognized? How can we best
leverage the value of preprint services? What additional networks or
platforms are needed? The speakers in this virtual conference will offer
plenty of food for creative thought in terms of innovation — though they
may have more questions than answers! Speakers to be confirmed.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-building-an-equitable-global-research-community-registration-199430470907>
(includes unlimited attendees from your organization) — discount for NISO
members; recording will be shared with all registered attendees

Please see our events page <https://www.niso.org/events> for more
information, including updates on confirmed speakers — we hope to see you
at one or more of our October events!

Best wishes

The NISO Team

PS Look out for information shortly about this year’s virtual Humanities
Roundtable on November 15-16

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302

Baltimore, MD 21211