ALLIANCE-L Archives

December 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2020 15:42:37 -0500
We are excited to share the provisional program for NISO Plus 2021
<https://nisoplus21.sched.com/> — and it looks amazing, if we do say so
ourselves! Attendees can look forward to:

   -

   One Miles Conrad Award Lecture - by the one and only Heather Joseph of
   SPARC
   <https://niso.plus/heather-joseph-named-as-nisos-2021-miles-conrad-awardee/>
   -

   Two fun social events - a virtual quiz, sponsored by Figshare
   <https://figshare.com/>; and a virtual cocktail (or mocktail!)
   details soon)
   -

   Three brilliant global keynote speakers - Cory Doctorow
   <https://niso.plus/cory-doctorow-to-keynote-at-niso-plus-2021/>, Margaret
   Sraku-Lartey
   <https://niso.plus/margaret-sraku-lartey-confirmed-as-second-niso-plus-2021-keynote/>,
   and Zeynep Tufekci
   <https://niso.plus/zeynep-tufekci-announced-as-closing-keynote-for-niso-plus-2021/>
   (plus one more to be announced shortly!)
   -

   Four tracks of content to choose from, accessible in all time zones -
   there’s something for everyone!
   -

   20 countries represented in our speaker lineup - from Australia to
   Brazil, Ghana to Ireland, and more!
   -

   50(ish!) separate sessions on everything from accessibility to
   misinformation, from FAIR data to knowledge bases, from digital humanities
   to preprints - not to mention standards and best practices
   -

   120+ speakers - experts from across the information community, and
   representing a multitude of roles and functions

There will also be lots of opportunities for virtual networking - we’ll be
using the gather.town platform, so watch for more on that shortly.

Kudos and thanks to our wonderful global Planning Committee
<https://niso.plus/niso-plus-planning-committee/> for all their help - we
literally couldn’t have done it without them!

We’ll be continuing to update the program with more information in the
coming weeks, but in the meantime, we strongly encourage you to check out
the program <https://nisoplus21.sched.com/>, register
<https://niso.plus/register-for-niso-plus-2021/> (early bird discounts
available through January 8!), and start planning your own schedule for
NISO Plus 2021!

Best,

The NISO Team

NISO