ALLIANCE-L Archives

November 2005

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
George Machovec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries List ALLIANCE-L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:19:44 +0000
On Wednesday, November 9th, we will release the new "Request Article" button in the Prospector system incorporating the RAPID system developed at Colorado State University.  This is the feature that was discussed and demonstrated in various venues over the last year.

Once a user selects the "Request Article" button, a patron will be prompted to identify their home institution.  If you have a link resolver (e.g. Gold Rush, SFX, TDNet or Serials Solutions) we will then take to you an appropriate screen to fill-out an article request form (if you have one).  Your local link resolver will then check to see if the article is available online.  If not, your link resolver results screen will take you to your local ILL manager (e.g. Illiad, WebZap or Clio) where your request will be forwarded to the RAPID system (or OCLC ILL subsystem if you've not activated the RAPID piece yet).

For libraries not participating in the RAPID project, we will redirect your patron to a screen of your choosing.  This could be your ILL screen on your Website, a journal finder page, a journal title index in your OPAC, a databases page, a generic library screen or whatever you choose.  Just let me know if the current link is not going where you want, I can quickly change it.

If you would like to preview the above go to http://prospector.coalliance.org:2082

Let me know if you have more questions.

George

George Machovec