A copy of the full position announcement is available at:
Please excuse the duplication.
The Denison Memorial Library, University of Colorado at Denver and
Health Sciences Center has an immediate opening for a full-time Library
Technician II in the Systems and Databases Department.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for cataloging library
materials using Library of Congress or National Library of Medicine
bibliographic records; enriching bibliographic records with Medical
Subject Headings or National Library of Medicine Classification numbers;
updating existing library records; and withdrawing missing and outdated
library materials. Specific duties include cataloging new and old
library materials according to AACR II (Anglo-American Cataloging Rules)
and OCLC (Online Computer Library Center); verifying, correcting and
transferring bibliographic records from OCLC to the Impulse library
database; correcting and identifying record issues and/or problems;
performing retrospective cataloging of older materials; creating weekly
list of New Books which includes filing print copies at Service Desk,
emailing print to individuals and posting print to the website; adding
item records and volume information to open entry serial bibliographic
records; updating existing procedures on the Library intranet; and
performing other duties and special projects as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of general library experience
including typing, ordering, preparing, shelving and maintaining library
SUBSTITUTION: Two years of course work from an accredited college or
university including twelve semester hours of library science course
work may substitute for two years of the general library experience.
Conditions of Employment:
* Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
* Must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including bending, stooping, pushing, and kneeling
* Must be willing and able to work on a computer for up to 4
hours a day.
* Must be willing and able to push carts weighing up to 100
* Must be willing and able to occasionally attend classes or
meetings during scheduled time off for compensatory time in lieu of
* Must be willing and able to occasionally adjust your
schedule in order to meet the staffing needs of the department
* Strong customer service, organizational, interpersonal, written
and communication skills.
* The successful candidate will be detail oriented,
self-motivated, and a fast learner.
* Proven ability to relate well to a variety of individuals and
groups including working with a diverse collaborative atmosphere.
* Experience or knowledge of library searching tools such as,
OCLC, Connexion, III cataloging module through both telnet and
Millennium client, AACR II, MeSH, and National Library of Medicine
* Experience that demonstrates the ability to manage multiple
tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Usage and knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
To apply for this position send in the following materials:
NOTE: Failure to include the following application materials will result
in your application being rejected:
1. a letter of interest detailing why you are interested in the job
and how your experience, education, and talents match the minimum and
preferred qualifications listed above;
2. a University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center
Application form and Demographic Information form. Incomplete
applications or "See Resume" statements will NOT be accepted in lieu of
a completed application;
3. a detailed, chronological resume;
4. the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three
professional business references;
5. a UCDHSC Employment Background Investigation Consent and Release
6. an Appeal Rights Form;
7. a Supplemental Questionnaire and a Willingness Form,
TO: UCDHSC Human Resources Office
Email to: [log in to unmask]
Fax to: 303-315-2725
Application deadline: Application materials must be received by 5:00
p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2006.
Please include your current e-mail address on your application, as most
correspondence regarding this position will be electronic based.