ALLIANCE-L Archives

October 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:00:00 -0400
**Apologies for cross posting**

Following the first two webinars on how the information community adapted
to COVID19, and how you’re supporting your workforce, our six-part
roundtable-format series on Managing and Adapting to Pandemic-Driven Change
<https://www.niso.org/niso-io/2020/10/announcing-nisos-2020-change-management-series>
continues
next week, with four more sessions scheduled between October 28 - December
16. Registration covers an unlimited number of attendees from your
organization — and all webinars are free for NISO members!

Delivering Services in a Pandemic
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/10/change-management-webinar-series-delivering-services-pandemic>

Wednesday October 28, 11.00am - 12.30pm ET/3.00pm - 4.30pm GMT

From providing remote support to customers, to delivering seamless online
access to content, to meeting the needs of scattered students and faculty,
everyone’s workflows have had to adapt during the pandemic. Our speakers,
who will discuss what these changes meant for them and their organizations,
include: Scott Anderson, Millersville University; Michael Fitts, University
of Alabama - Birmingham; Carrie Forbes, University of Denver
Libraries; and Chris
Freeland, The Internet Archive. Register here!
<http://www.cvent.com/events/niso-change-management-webinar-series-delivering-services-in-a-pandemic/event-summary-083bef82ce7b427889e36a000ef03b41.aspx>

Team Building
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/11/change-management-webinar-series-team-building>

Wednesday, November 18, 11.00am - 12.30pm ET/4.00pm - 5.30pm GMT

This roundtable discussion will address both the fun side of learning new
ways of working together and the deeper issues of setting expectations,
accommodating different requirements, and identifying the constraints that
made clear where boundaries would be needed. Confirmed speakers
include: Jennifer
Diffin, National Library of Medicine; Adam Blackwell and Christopher Rennie,
Proquest; and Stephen Rhind-Tutt, Coherent Digital. Register here!
<https://www.cvent.com/d/t7qzff>

Rethinking Spaces
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/12/change-management-webinar-series-rethinking-spaces>

Wednesday, December 9, 11.00 - 12.30pm ET/4.00pm - 5.30pm GMT

This webinar will focus on the planning and adaptation needed in order to
safely bring your workforce back to an office setting. This discussion will
look beyond narrow issues such as managing shelving or foot traffic, to
focus on how we need to rethink the functional space and shared
environments of 21st century knowledge workers. Speakers include *Emily
Daly*, Duke University Libraries, with others TBA. Register here!
<https://www.cvent.com/d/z7qzft>

Moving into the Future
<https://www.niso.org/events/2020/12/change-management-webinar-series-moving-future>

Wednesday, December 16, 11.00 =am - 12.30pm ET/4.00pm - 5.30pm GMT

In this final webinar of the series, our roundtable participants will look
to the future. They will discuss how they and their organizations are
navigating the changes, and the additional adaptations that may be required
or made possible as we start to think about a post-COVID world. The
pandemic has caused an acceleration in community shifts that were already
unfolding. How do NISO members and the broader information community
navigate those changes and make the most of this opportunity to shape a
better future? Confirmed speakers include: Steven Hall, IOP Publishing; Michael
Levine-Clark, University of Denver; and Amy Pawlowski, Ohiolink. Register
here! <https://www.cvent.com/d/m7qzv6>

We will share login details with registrants a few days before each
webinar, as well as providing a link to the recordings afterwards.

We hope to see you there!

Best wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO