ALLIANCE-L Archives

May 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2020 13:41:01 +0000
Please excuse cross postings

The State Library is working with Pat Wagner to transition our Successful Supervision workshop into a 4-part online workshop! Using case studies and their own real-life performance management issues, participants will review proven supervision models and apply practical concepts in hands-on work sessions.

Upon completion of the workshop attendees will have the skills needed to:

  *   Improve productivity and workplace relationships.
  *   Grow the skills and commitment of supervisors and employees.
  *   Use positive reinforcement and workplace contracts to effectively manage employees.
  *   Better address the lifecycle of an employee, from recruitment and orientation to departure.
  *   Better manage workplace conflict, discipline, and termination.

Since we had planned to offer Successful Supervision in 2 different locations this spring, we have decided to run to separate cohorts in the month of June.

  *   Each cohort will meet online 4 times, with assignments in between sessions
     *   Cohort I<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/successful-supervision-online-cohort-i-session-1/> – (June 1, 8, 15 & 22 from 1 – 2:30 PM)
     *   Cohort II<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/successful-supervision-online-cohort-ii-session-1/> - (June 2, 9, 16, & 23 from 1 – 2:30 PM)
  *   Each cohort will be limited to 20 participants
  *   Each cohort will be limited to one person per library organization
  *   Participants must be currently working as a supervisor in a Colorado library (Includes public, school, academic and special).
  *   Participants must be able to attend all 4 sessions scheduled for their selected cohort
For more information about the Successful Supervision workshops and how to register, please check out the Library Learning and Creation Calendar entries for both Cohort I<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/successful-supervision-online-cohort-i-session-1/> and Cohort II<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/successful-supervision-online-cohort-ii-session-1/>.

Not currently working as a supervisor, but curious about what it entails? We still have room for our 2-part Curious about Library Supervision workshop!
Part I: Introduction<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/save-the-date-curious-about-library-supervision-part-one/> – May 27 from 1 – 2:30 PM -During this webinar, Pat Wagner will share her perspective on what the job entails, the challenges, the rewards, and the quirks of being a boss.
Part II: The Resume<https://create.coloradovirtuallibrary.org/calendar/curious-about-library-supervision-part-two/> – June 3 from 1 – 2:30 PM - Pat will share overall themes from the resumes submitted (everything will be anonymous), as well as strategies for effectively applying for supervisory positions.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions! [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>