GOLDRUSH-L Archives

November 2013

GOLDRUSH-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goldrush Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2013 01:19:47 +0000
Hello,

We just released an enhancement/bug fix to Gold Rush Linker.  We no longer wrap the proxy around open access DOI article links.  This means that if you click on an article link from an open access provider such as Highwire, Springer, DOAJ, etc, the link will not include a proxy which means you can go directly to the article (as you should be able to) since it is an open access resource.  We have added thousands of open access domains to this list of "non-proxied" DOI links.  However, it's hard to get every single domain of every publisher and there will always be new ones.  If you do stumble upon a  an open access DOI article link , please send me the URL of the GR Linker results page and we will add this to our list.  You don't need to do anything to your settings in Gold Rush to take advantage of this enhancement.  In fact, you shouldn't notice anything different except that links to open access articles will work better.    This new enhancement does not apply to open access journal level links.  There already is the option to apply or not apply the proxy wrapper to these types of links.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson
Gold Rush Project Manager