GOLDRUSH-L Archives

June 2005

GOLDRUSH-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Scott Stockton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:21:48 +0000
Hello Everyone!

We've fixed a couple of bugs this week that you may need to know about.

First, in the Gold Rush Staff Toolbox, we discovered that our count of full text journals was slightly inflated in both the "My Holings Analysis" and the "My Full Text Journals" reports.  We were including in that count journals marked as full text, but also marked as suppressed in your holdings table. So, we were slightly inflating the number of full text journals.

We have corrected this problem, and now your full text journal count is more accurate.  So, you might want to review these reports again, and update any other information that was based on these reports.

Thanks to Elaine Jurries at Auraria Library for finding this one.

Next, a new Gold Rush Linker is out, which fixes a problem in the display of ending dates in the "Full Text Resources" section.  If GR Linker received a request without a date, or with a date in an unknown format, it failed to subtract the embargo period from the ending date.

We have corrected this problem, and in the course of doing so, we also added support for the date in the format "MmmYYYY" (e.g., Jun2005).  In case you're wondering, we were already supporting "Mmm YYYY", but only if the space was in the middle.

Thanks to Jared Howland at Brigham Young University in Provo for finding this one.

Thanks!

Scott