GOLDRUSH-L Archives

April 2008

GOLDRUSH-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goldrush Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:35:21 -0600
Dear Gold Rush subscribers:

We have noticed on occasion that Google Scholar lists incorrect pubmed id's
on their citations.  We can verify this by doing a search in pubmed for a
particular citation and comparing this pmid to the one that Google Scholar
includes for the same citation.  The incorrect pmid's seem to occur randomly
and are not tied to any one journal.  If the pmid is incorrect, the linker
results screen reports: "Gold Rush Linker did not receive enough data to
perform a search."  We know this isn't a Gold Rush specific problem because
we get the same results when the pmid is incorrect using other OpenURL
resolvers such as Serials Solutions or SFX.  We have reported this problem
to tech support at Google Scholar.  If you find other mismatched pmid's
please report these to us.  One way to indicate this is if the GR Linker
results screen reports back that it didn't receive enough data.  Let us know
if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson