ALLIANCE-L Archives

June 2019

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:54:05 +0000
Please excuse cross postings:

Hello Colleagues,
I'm reaching out to leaders in Colorado libraries who might be interested in being part of a CALCON session I'm presenting designed to support emerging professionals in our field. The session mimics the PLA experience of speed mentoring if any of you have participated in that before. Here's the description: Want to get a little micro-face-time with people who have been-there-done-that? Want to practice your elevator speech in a lower stakes environment? Want to see what a 90-second scan of your resume tells someone about you? Then this session is for you!

My next step is to line up the mentors - people who have been-there-done-that for this session. I'd like to find leaders from a variety of libraries - school, special, academic, business, law, public, etc. I'd also like to get as diverse a sampling of mentors as possible. If you think this sounds like fun and might be interested, the next thing to know is that this session is scheduled for Saturday, September 21st from 1-2 pm. If you could be available this day and time and would like to participate, please send me an email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or give a call by July 15th.

DONNA WALKER
Executive Director | Administration

o: 303-275-2200

Rose Nelson
Assistant Director
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
President -Colorado Academic Library Association (CoALA)
303-759-3399 X103
3801 E. Florida Ave.
Denver, CO 80210
https://www.coalliance.org<https://www.coalliance.org/>