ALLIANCE-L Archives

May 2020

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2020 16:57:39 +0000
Please excuse cross postings:

From: Kreger, Christine
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 10:52 AM
To: Libnet ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Deconstructing Equity - Registration is now open

The State Library is thrilled to partner with the Equity Project<https://theequityprojectllc.com/> to provide a 2-hour workshop on Deconstructing Equity!

Dr. Nita Mosby Tyler<https://theequityprojectllc.com/index.php/nita-mosby-tyler-diversity-inclusivity-consultant-denver/>, Chief Catalyst of The Equity Project, will help attendees explore the multi-faceted world of diversity, equity and inclusion in an environment that promotes sharing, learning and transformation.

When: Thursday June 11 from 2-4 PM

Where: We will use Zoom for this session. The link will be forwarded to all those who are registered a few days before the workshop. Due to the anticipated popularity of this workshop, we are limiting the session to 2 staff from each library District/organization.

Workshop Objectives

  *   Deconstruct the definitions of diversity, inclusivity, equity, equality, and fairness in a way that allows for a better understanding of bias and the continuum of equity.
  *   Discuss what it takes to build systems of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
  *   Use the Continuum of Equity model, we will discuss the variety of ways our work and interactions show up in each “lane.”
  *   Explore how our personal power shows up as we explore equity.
  *   Discuss and explore the impact of language on systems of equity.
  *   Learn a variety of tips & tools for how to manage/navigate/evaluate in a diversity, equity, and inclusion framework.

To register for this workshop, please email Christine Kreger directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.