A copy of the full position announcement is available at: http://www.ucdhsc.edu/admin/hr/jobs/stateclass/PS/212497.htm
Please excuse the duplication.
The Denison Memorial Library,
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for cataloging library materials using Library of Congress or National Library of Medicine bibliographic records; enriching bibliographic records with Medical Subject Headings or National Library of Medicine Classification numbers; updating existing library records; and withdrawing missing and outdated library materials. Specific duties include cataloging new and old library materials according to AACR II (Anglo-American Cataloging Rules) and OCLC (Online Computer Library Center); verifying, correcting and transferring bibliographic records from OCLC to the Impulse library database; correcting and identifying record issues and/or problems; performing retrospective cataloging of older materials; creating weekly list of New Books which includes filing print copies at Service Desk, emailing print to individuals and posting print to the website; adding item records and volume information to open entry serial bibliographic records; updating existing procedures on the Library intranet; and performing other duties and special projects as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of general library experience including typing, ordering, preparing, shelving and maintaining library materials.
SUBSTITUTION: Two years of course work from an accredited college or university including twelve semester hours of library science course work may substitute for two years of the general library experience.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must be willing and able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
· Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including bending, stooping, pushing, and kneeling
· Must be willing and able to work on a computer for up to 4 hours a day.
· Must be willing and able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds
· Must be willing and able to occasionally attend classes or meetings during scheduled time off for compensatory time in lieu of overtime
· Must be willing and able to occasionally adjust your schedule in order to meet the staffing needs of the department
To apply for this position send in the following materials:
NOTE: Failure to include the following application materials will result in your application being rejected:
UCDHSC Human Resources Office
Email to: [log in to unmask]
Fax to: 303-315-2725
Application deadline: Application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2006.
Please include your current e-mail address on your application, as most correspondence regarding this position will be electronic based.