Please excuse multiple postings:

The CO Alliance is hosting a round table on Streaming Media: Issues & Concerns on October 31, 2008 from 9-12 at the Alliance office.

(located at 3801 E. Florida Ave. Ste #515 just north of I-25 and Colo. Blvd exit.)

As the technology to support streaming media continues to improve, and video is offered in alternative formats, what are some of the issues that libraries should consider in offering this service?  Following is a list of topics that we will discuss at the round table.  If you have other topics or suggestions, please bring them to the meeting.

  • The type of infrastructure needed to deliver this digital content
  • Vendors and open source solutions
  • Purchasing models
  • Digital rights management
  • Copyright Law and Teach Act
  • Storage and preservation
  • Staff and workflow

If you plan to attend this meeting, please RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson

Systems Librarian