Dear Colorado Alliance members,

In November we had provided some preliminary information about the event CSU Libraries will be hosting on Thursday January 12, 2012 focusing on Google Search and Libraries.  In the intervening time, we have been working at developing the day's content and other details.  This message is a second announcement and call for registration for this event, including some more details about the day.  Please consider further distributing this information to your colleagues within your organizations.

There is no fee for this event, but we do ask that you do complete a registration form which can be accessed at this URL: http://lib.colostate.edu/services/research/instruction/google-search  Additional information about the day can also be found at this link.

The CSU Libraries will be hosting a day-long seminar focusing on Google Search and how Google Search resources (e.g. general Google Search and Google Scholar Search) can and are being used in academic libraries.  We are planning what we hope will be an exciting and informative day of activities and presentations.  Our Keynote talk will be from Dr. Daniel Russell, Google Scientist who works on 'Search Quality & User Happiness' for ongoing development of Google Search and how people search for, find, and use information.  We will be holding the event in Morgan Library, up in the Collaboratory, Group Study Rooms, and Living Room spaces on the third floor.

Dr. Russell, Darcy Dapra, and Tasha Bergson-Michelson are the Google staff who will be joining us for the day, coming from the Mountain View, CA Google campus.

Here are some additional details about the day and the components we are developing for the seminar:

*         The event will be held in the Morgan Library, Colorado State University, Fort Collins CO in our newly remodeled Collaboratory space on the third floor.  We believe this will be an exceptional setting for the event and provide an energizing and welcome environment for the day.  We anticipate being able to accommodate approximately 150 people for the day.

*         Registration and Coffee will start at 9:00 AM, Opening Remarks at 9:50 AM.  We are planning to close the day by 4:00 PM.  We will be following up with registrants to provide directions and parking details as we get closer to the event day.

*         Presentation, hands-on learning activities, and discussion about the two principle Google Search tools (General Google Search and Google Scholar Search)

*         Lunch keynote presentation/talk by Dr. Daniel Russell

*         Afternoon breakout discussions further exploring Google Search tools, how we are or can use them in our work, etc.  What we envision is to develop specific discussion topics based on registrant input both from the initial registration form and other means, culminating in topic finalization on the day itself.

Please look at the additional information that is provided on the Registration Page, and if you would have further questions, please contact Janet Bishop ([log in to unmask]) or Jeff Bullington ([log in to unmask]) with any questions.

http://lib.colostate.edu/services/research/instruction/google-search

Sincerely,
Jeff Bullington

Jeff Bullington
Coordinator of College Liaisons
Colorado State University
University Libraries
146 Morgan Library
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019
p: 970-491-4107
f: 970-491-5817
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Email secured by Check Point