[cid:image001.png@01D152C7.DAAEBFB0][cid:image002.png@01D152C7.DAAEBFB0]
​

Don’t get lost in the shuffle!

Michael Stephens asked in his January 7 editorial for Library Journal, “Has the golden age of the big library conferences passed?” Maybe not, but one thing is certain. It’s easy for great presentations to get lost in the enormous schedules of big conferences.

Don’t get lost! In 2016 CALCON is joining with Mountain Plains Library Association for a bigger conference, but our program schedule is carefully curated for all areas of libraries. We strive for what Michael referred to as, “Engaging panels [that] transcended sitting and taking notes.” That goes for presentations as well. Your great presentation will have its audience without the competition of all the crazy fanfare of the big conferences.

But time waits for no one. The deadline is February 12th. So, get that proposal in soon. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!

Need one more reason to submit a proposal? Get CE Credit for Presenting at MPLA/CALCON16!

In keeping with our theme, we are always innovating new ways for attendees to get as much out of our conference as possible. Our newest perk is continuing education credit for all conference presenters! Now, you can share your brilliance with your peers, get exposure for you and your library AND get continuing education credit from the Colorado State Library. Not too shabby.

MPLA/CALCON16 will be the place to present this year. We will have attendees from all over the mountain plains region. It is a great chance to show them all the cool stuff we are doing in Colorado. And get credit for it.

Become a presenter!
Submit today<http://www.cal-webs.org/default.asp?page=CallForProg2016>