Please excuse cross postings:

Did you know that the Colorado Association of Libraries has a Futurist Interest Group?

Top 7 Things to Know About our Futurist Interest Group

  1.  Launched at CALCON Sept. 2019 by establishing strategic priorities. (https://cal-webs.org/Futurist_Interest_Group__FIG_)
  2.  Launched a website (https://calfig.org/ ) and Slack Channel in October 2019.
  3.  Meeting monthly online (2nd Fridays) with learning and discussion each month.
  4.  CALCON 2020 (1 hr) - Future Trends Lightning Talks with our members on Friday, Sept. 11 10:30 - 11:30
  5.  CALCON 2020 (3 hrs) - Preconference on Thurs, Sept 10 9:30 - 12:30 Trend Scanning, the Pandemic, and the Future of Libraries with Miguel Figueroa, ALA Center for the Future of Libraries (Sponsored by CLiC)
  6.  Strategic Foresight Training (3 full days) - Oct. 20 - 22 (applications accepted starting next week) (A grant partnership with Colorado and Connecticut State Libraries and funded by a grant from IMLS)
  7.  We welcome your engagement with any of these offerings. Please contact me with your interest.
We will be sharing more details of upcoming events in the next few weeks.

Sharon Morris
CAL Futurist Interest Group Chairperson

Rose Nelson
Assistant Director/Prospector Coordinator
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
303-759-3399 X103
3801 E. Florida Ave.
Denver, CO 80210