**Apologies for cross posting**

Vendors want to improve the user experience; studying user data allows that. In the library, benign assessment exercises trace patron use of resources or access. Publishers want to better understand their authors’ and readers’ behavior. But to what extent are these sorts of practices intrusive or threatening to the individual? How transparent should we be about our systems and practices? Where do we draw the line and how should the information community be thinking about these issues?

Our next virtual conference, Privacy in an Age of Surveillance: Everyone’s Concern, on Wednesday, September 16 (12.00 - 4.00pm ET), features speakers from all stakeholder groups, who will consider these and other questions surrounding this most sensitive of issues.

Register now for what is sure to be an interesting and informative discussion (discounts for NISO members and students - unlimited attendees per registration).

Program (all times are US Eastern)

We hope to see you there!

The NISO Team

NISO