**Apologies for cross-posting**

We are excited to announce our educational programming for 2021
<https://www.niso.org/niso-io/2020/11/announcing-our-2021-calendar-educational-events>!
We’ve got something for everyone next year: from library publishing to
innovative workflow systems; from preprints to ebook collections; and from
open research to meaningful metrics. And we’ve also simplified the
registration process, by switching to the popular Eventbrite platform!

Monthly webinars

In 2021, we will be offering 12 monthly webinars which, as always, are free
for staff from NISO member organizations. We will be continuing to hold our
2021 webinars at the earlier time of 11.00am - 12.30pm Eastern Time (US and
Canada), to enable wider participation from people in Europe, the Middle
East, and Africa, both as attendees and speakers.

Our first webinar of 2021, on Wednesday, January 13, will focus on Library
and University Publishing Operations
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/01/libraries-and-university-publishing-operations>.
Featured participants in that roundtable discussion include among others Emma
Molls of the University of Minnesota Press and Erich van Rijn of the
University of California Press.

Register now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-webinar-libraries-and-university-publishing-operations-registration-127162894641>
— an unlimited number of attendees from your organization can join!

Virtual Conferences

We also have seven virtual conferences planned for next year, starting
with Owning,
Licensing, and Sharing Digital Content
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/01/owning-licensing-and-sharing-digital-content>
on
Thursday, January 21. Please note that all other 2021 virtual conferences
will be on Wednesday as usual, but this one has been rescheduled due to the
US Presidential Inauguration on January 20. Virtual conferences will
continue to run from noon till 4pm, Eastern Time (US and Canada).

Register now
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/01/owning-licensing-and-sharing-digital-content>
— the registration fee covers an unlimited number of attendees from your
organization (discounted for NISO members).

There are also at least two other special events for you to look forward to
next year! On Wednesday, April 28, the 2021 NFAIS Forethought Strategic
Summit will focus on Engineering and Upgrading Systems for New Content
Types and Function
<https://www.niso.org/events/2021/04/engineering-and-upgrading-systems-new-content-types-and-function>.
And on Wednesday, October 20, we’ll be bringing you the 2021 NISO-NFAIS
Humanities Roundtable! Again, NISO member discounts are available for both
events, and they’re open to an unlimited number of attendees from your
organization.

We’ll update the NISO events page <https://www.niso.org/events> with more
information about our 2021 programming — including speaker information — as
it becomes available, and we’ll also continue to update you periodically
about upcoming events.

Thank you to everyone who has attended NISO events during 2020 — we hope
you found them useful. We look forward to seeing many of you during 2021!

Best wishes,

The NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302