are regular breaks, as well as plenty of time for Q&A, and our 2021 program
comprises:

Owning, Licensing, and Sharing Digital Content

Thursday, January 21, 2021

In our first virtual conference of the year a variety of stakeholders
(including attendees) will discuss the needs and the challenges of owning,
licensing, and sharing digital materials. Confirmed speakers include Brewster
Kahle, Founder and Digital Librarian, Internet Archive; Joan Lindsay,
Information
Technologist and Erin Weller, Head of Access Services, both Michigan State
University; Jill Morris, Executive Director, PALCI; Brian O'Leary,
Executive Director, BISG; and Nancy Sims, Copyright Program Librarian,
University of Minnesota.

Preprints

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

This virtual conference follows up on the 2019 preprint event sponsored by
NISO, and asks what progress has been made since then — especially in the
light of COVID-19?

Open Research

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

This event will look at the current state of open research around the
world, examine needs across different communities, and identify next steps
that might be useful in helping to meet those needs.

Ebooks and Collections

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The conversation has already begun about how best to manage the new
collective collection — this virtual conference will continue that
conversation, providing an opportunity for a wide group of stakeholders to
highlight their community’s needs and share their views on how to meet them.

Effective Data Management

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

This event will establish the state of current practice and identify
potential areas of concern.

Emerging Technologies

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Join us for a glimpse into the future of technology, and how it may impact
the information community — content creators, curators, and providers alike.

More information about all virtual conferences, including speakers and
topics, will be available on our events page nearer the time. Make sure
your organization’s staff can be part of all these important and timely
discussions by booking our special Buy Three, Get Three package
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buy-3-get-3-niso-virtual-conferences-registration-129906099641?aff=erelpanelorg>
now! Discounts are available for NISO members, and all attendees will
receive a recording of the conference after it ends.

We hope to see you there!

Best wishes from the NISO Team

NISO
3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302