Amigos Library Services’ Adventures in Archives online conference call for proposals is open to all!

Archivists, Preservationists, Genealogists and Local historians are engaged every day in the real work of documenting and revealing our past. This work - which is art and science requires great attention to detail, planning and commitment to the voices of the past. It demands endless technologies and continued funding. The breadth and depth of this work is evident in evolving physical and digital spaces. The contributions and impact of this work are immeasurable. It is a footprint that belongs to all of us.

Join us August 11, 2021, for Adventures in Archives - Where are we going and where have we been in preservation, digitization and local history. Throughout this day, a variety of peers and experts will explore the process, planning, progression and directions taken by librarians engaged in documenting history today. Don’t forget, as a benefit of Amigos Library Services membership, attendance is FREE at all online conferences!

Amigos Library Services is now accepting presentation proposals for this conference. Suggested topic areas in libraries include but are not limited to:

·         Archival

·         Cataloging Archival and Special Collections Materials

·         Preservation Planning

·         Special Collections Projects

·         Local or Regional History

·         Museums and Exhibits

·         Genealogy

·         Digitization Projects and Partnerships

Please submit your proposal by June 15, 2021 at https://www.amigos.org/node/6762. Tell us your story and share what registrants can expect to learn from your presentation. Amigos staff will provide all the training for our platform and full technical support during your presentation. All sessions are 45 minutes with time for questions and answers.

To submit a proposal visit https://www.amigos.org/node/6762 or for more information about this conference, contact Erin Gray, [log in to unmask] or (972) 340-2896.