**Apologies for cross posting**

We are delighted to share more information about the program for our
annual Humanities
Roundtable <http://www.niso.org/events/2021/10/humanities-roundtable-2021>
on October 20, from 11.00am - 4.00pm Eastern (Canada/US).

The theme of this year’s roundtable, which will once again be held
virtually, is The Monograph in an Evolving Humanities Ecosystem. For many,
the monograph — whether published traditionally or as an open access title
— is the single most important output for those working in the humanities.
So what, if anything, has changed in the production and delivery of a
monograph since the advent of the ebook? Is the production workflow
significantly different? How have licensing arrangements impacted
distribution? What about discovery and resource-sharing? Our roundtable
will bring together a group of experts — librarians, content providers,
service and platform providers, and others — to discuss these and other
important questions about humanities and the monograph. There will also be
opportunities for everyone to get involved in the conversation during two
Engage and Process sessions.

Confirmed speakers include (among others): Lisa M. Bayer, AUP President
(2021-22) and Director of the University of Georgia Press; Liz Krznarich,
Adoption Manager, DataCite; and Paula Krebs, Executive Director, Modern
Language Association.

Thanks to the generous support of our current sponsors — Atla, Bloomsbury,
Bowker/ProQuest, EBSCO, ITHAKA, Oxford University Press, Project MUSE,
Routledge/Taylor & Francis, and Wiley — we are able to keep prices the same
as last year, including generous discounts for NISO members, students, and
group registrations. For example, it’s just $150 for an unlimited number of
attendees from your organization (three minimum). So don’t delay — register
now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/humanities-roundtable-2021-tickets-168312925491>
for this important annual event in the humanities calendar!

Thanks and best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302