**Apologies for cross posting**

With December just around the corner, we’re delighted to share news of our final events of 2021. Next week sees our third DEIA webinar, focused on Metadata to Support Indigenous Knowledge and Non-Traditional Outputs (December 6 - free and open to all), as well as a regular educational webinar — Cost-Effective Product and Project Management (December 8). The following week sees our final webinar of the year, on the important topic of Team-Building. Please be sure to mark your own calendars and also share this information with your colleagues!

DEIA Webinar — Metadata to Support Indigenous Knowledge and Non-Traditional Outputs (FREE)

Monday December 6, 10.00am - 11.30am and 8.00pm - 9.30pm (both ET Canada/USA)

This is the last webinar in a series of three, organized by the NISO DEIA Committee, each covering a different aspect of metadata to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. The focus this time will be on metadata for indigenous knowledge and non-traditional outputs, and our keynote speakers will be Stacy Allison-Cassin, University of Toronto, and Melissa Stoner, University of California - Berkeley. This webinar is free and open to all, but registration is required.

Please register here to receive joining instructions:

Webinar — Cost-Effective Product and Project Management (FREE for NISO members)

Wednesday, December 8, 11.00am - 12.30pm (ET Canada/USA)

In a time of economic recovery, there is no bottomless well of resources. Managers must look closely at the budgetary requirements for delivering cost-effective projects and products. This roundtable discussion will feature experienced product and project managers, sharing the useful tips and practices they’ve learned during their own careers. Speakers include: Maureen Adamson, Maureen Adamson & Associates; Judson Dunham, Elsevier; Paul Shannon, eLife; and Donna Shaw, EBSCO.

Non-NISO members, please register here

Webinar — Team-Building (FREE for NISO members)

Wednesday, December 15, 11.00am - 12.30pm (ET Canada/USA)

Building successful, collaborative teams requires more than just picking people with a specific set of skills. Managers must also balance the need to support their team’s  motivation and enthusiasm with planning requirements and time constraints. This roundtable discussion will bring together a group of experienced managers from across the information community to share the lessons they’ve learned, as well as their secrets for success. Confirmed speakers include: Deni Auclair, DeGruyter; Barry Bealer, Access Innovations; and Tony Zanders, Skilltype.

Non-NISO members, please register here

We hope to see you and your colleagues at one or more of our December events — as always, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302