**Apologies for cross posting**

Our first virtual conference of 2022 — The User Experience: Just Fix It
<https://www.niso.org/events/2022/01/user-experience-just-fix-it> — will
take place from 12.00pm - 4.00pm EST on January 26, with speakers
including Lettie
Conrad, LYC Consulting; Sam Herbert, 67Bricks, Björn Johansson, Springer
Nature; Jessica Smith, JSTOR Labs; and Nathan Westgarth, Aries Systems.

Good user experience is at the heart of every successful product and
service. But the user experience can be viewed through a variety of lenses.
What makes sense to a developer may be baffling to a user. Navigation may
or may not be intuitive. Button labels can be confusing;  processes tedious
or cumbersome. How can we ensure that users find the functionality or
content they expect? That some useful resource hasn’t inadvertently been
hidden? Are there small tweaks that could make a world of difference? Are
they easy to make or will they require a significant overhaul of the user
interface? The speakers for this virtual conference represent different
organization types and roles, but they all have significant experience of
enhancing the user experience in various ways while keeping an eye on
technical debt, costs, and time.

As always, registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-the-user-experience-just-fix-it-registration-199421704687>
includes an unlimited number of attendees from your organization and there
are discounts for NISO members. Or sign up for our Buy Three, Get Three
package <https://www.niso.org/buy-3-get-3-2022-virtual-conferences>, so you
and your colleagues can attend all our virtual conferences in 2022 for half
price (including further discounts for NISO members):

   -

   March 23: Digitization, Discovery, and Use
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/03/digitization-discovery-and-use>
   -

   May 25: Text and Data Mining
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/05/text-and-data-mining>
   -

   August 24: Open Source and Community-Supported Infrastructure
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/08/open-source-and-community-supported-infrastructure>
   -

   September 21: Building Access, Openness, and Sharing
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/09/building-access-openness-and-sharing>
   -

   October 26: Building an Equitable, Global Research Community
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2022/10/building-equitable-global-research-community>

We’ll be adding more information to the NISO events page
<https://www.niso.org/events> in the coming weeks and months, and (if you
haven’t already done so) we invite you to sign up for email updates from us
about all our upcoming events!

Best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO