**Apologies for cross posting**

With October just around the corner, we are happy to share details of our upcoming events! Our second training series of the year, on Research Methods and Tools, starts on October 11, followed the next day by our monthly webinar on Cybersecurity. We’re offering another of our free workshops on ODI Conformance Statement for Libraries on October 17, and we’ll close out the month with a virtual conference on Building an Equitable Global Research Community (October 26).

Training Series — early bird and NISO member discounts available!

Research Methods and Tools: A 2022 Assessment Training Series

October 11 - December 13, 11.30 - 1.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

We’re pleased to announce that early bird registration is now open for this training series, which comprises six, 90-minute sessions. Led by experienced trainer Martha Kyrillidou, who consults in management, evaluation, assessment and R&D activities, the course will provide an interactive, hands-on introduction to research methods and tools.

Register now to take advantage of the NISO and early bird discounts — $625 for NISO members, a saving of $70 (good for registrations through October 12)

Monthly webinar — free for NISO members

Cybersecurity

Wednesday, October 12, 11.00am - 12.30pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

From issues of authentication to the threats posed by ransomware, all organizations must prioritize protections for digital identities and assets. Libraries, funding agencies, content and platform providers, and end users are largely aware of the dangers, but hesitate over the potential inconvenience and hidden costs of addressing them. What can be done? This roundtable discussion will provide insights and encouragement. Confirmed speakers are: David Batho, Jisc; Robb Burgess, Silverchair; Skott Klebe, EBSCO Information Services; and Amy Pawlowski, OHIOLink.

Register here (includes unlimited attendees from your organization) — free for NISO members; recording will be shared with all registered attendees

Webinar — free for everyone

ODI Conformance Statement for Libraries

October 17, 3.00 - 4.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

Struggling to fill out the ODI Conformance Statement for Libraries?  Need some help determining how to approach this work for your institution?  Join NISO Open Discovery Initiative Steering Committee library representatives for a free one-hour workshop to learn more about ODI (Open Discovery Initiative) and library conformance, get tips on how to approach each area of conformance, and use a provided worksheet to create an action plan for next steps in preparing and publishing your institution’s conformance statement. Confirmed speakers are: Teresa Hazen, University of Arizona; Laura Morse, Harvard University; Geoff Morse, Northwestern University; and Ken Varnum, University of Michigan.

Register here for free — joining instructions will be provided a few days before the event

Virtual conference — discount for NISO members

Building an Equitable Global Research Community

Wednesday, October 26, 12.00 - 4.00pm Eastern Time (US/Canada)

Irrespective of discipline, it’s essential that the high-quality research being undertaken everywhere is brought to the fore. How can we better ensure that the important work being done in less visible locations or facilities is more discoverable and properly recognized? How can we best leverage the value of preprint services? What additional networks or platforms are needed? The speakers in this virtual conference will offer plenty of food for creative thought in terms of innovation — though they may have more questions than answers! Speakers to be confirmed.

Register here (includes unlimited attendees from your organization) — discount for NISO members; recording will be shared with all registered attendees

Please see our events page for more information, including updates on confirmed speakers — we hope to see you at one or more of our October events!

Best wishes

The NISO Team

PS Look out for information shortly about this year’s virtual Humanities Roundtable on November 15-16

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302

Baltimore, MD 21211

Phone: 301.654.2512