ALLIANCE-L Archives

October 2022

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NISO Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:00:31 -0400
**Apologies for cross posting**

We’re delighted to announce that registration is now open
<https://np23.eventbrite.com> for the fourth annual NISO Plus conference
<https://niso.plus/> (February 14-16, 2023), which will once again take
place online, and across two blocks of time — Americas morning/Europe,
Middle East & Africa afternoon and Americas evening/Asia Pacific morning —
to allow maximum participation from all around the world.

Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, we’ve been able to keep
registration rates affordable each year — and NISO Plus 2023 is no
exception! We already have commitments from Access Innovations
<https://www.accessinn.com/>, Bowker <http://www.bowker.com/>, Cadmore Media
<https://cadmore.media/> (our conference platform provider), figshare
<https://figshare.com/> (who host our repository), the Modern Language
Association <https://www.mla.org/>, Project MUSE <https://muse.jhu.edu/>,
Silverchair <https://www.silverchair.com/>, and Stony Brook University
<https://www.stonybrook.edu/>, with promises of more to come from other
organizations. As a result, all early bird rates are well under $200:
tickets for NISO members are just $99 each for groups of five or more and
$139 for individuals; the same categories for non-members are $149 and $179
respectively; and, as in previous years, students, unemployed, retirees,
and those from lower-income countries will pay just $30.

Work on the conference program started in earnest in September, helped by a
very productive first NISO Plus Forum
<https://niso.plus/metadata-the-musical-and-other-ideas-from-the-first-niso-plus-forum/>,
which generated about 20 great ideas for sessions for a conference track
focused entirely on metadata — new for NISO Plus 2023. Our wonderful
global Planning
Committee <https://niso.plus/np23-planning-committee/> is now helping us
select six to eight topics of particular interest, which will be
supplemented by additional invited sessions and responses to our call for
proposals (coming in mid-October!). The committee has already come up with
a host of other topic and speaker suggestions, which will be honed down and
finalized in the coming weeks.

Take advantage of the early bird rate and reserve your place now
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-plus-conference-2023-registration-428686682407>
at NISO Plus 2023 — described by  Dave Shumaker of Information Today
<http://newsbreaks.infotoday.com/NewsBreaks/NISO-Plus-2022-The-Name-Doesnt-Say-It-All-151625.asp>
as “an informative and thought-provoking multinational survey of the roles
that collaboration, conversation, and standardization play in our
constantly changing worldwide information environment”.

We hope to see you there!

The NISO Team

NISO

3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 302