GOLDRUSH-L Archives

January 2012

GOLDRUSH-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goldrush Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:01:42 +0000
Hello,

As most of you are aware, H.W. Wilson has gone out of business and Ebsco Industries has taken over several of their database products.  We are in the process of adding these former Wilson databases to Ebsco databases.  The following former  Wilson databases are available now under the vendor Ebsco in Gold Rush.

*         OMNI File Full Text Select (H.W. Wilson)

*         Science Full Text Select (H.W. Wilson)

*         Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson)

*         General Science Abstracts (H.W. Wilson)

We will be converting the other Wilson databases to Ebsco over the next couple of weeks.  Ebsco expects to complete the conversion of all the Wilson databases to the new platform by the end of January.   We will keep the existing Wilson databases in place for now because Gold Rush customers may still be using them.  However, you can always delete a Wilson database from your GR holdings and then add the Ebsco version of it when it becomes available in Gold Rush.  You can do this in the staff toolbox under the Holdings module.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson
Systems Librarian