We just updated all of the Ebsco databases; we get their title lists from an FTP site that they make available to ERM vendors. Ebsco also provides title list update reports, which lists changes on title lists that may not be on the list that we download from the FTP site. After we updated the most recent lists of Ebsco databases, I received a number of reports regarding inaccurate coverage dates on several titles. After researching many of these titles, I realized that the inaccurate dates where on the actual Ebsco title lists. I checked the latest title list update reports to see if they fixed the errors on these reports. Unfortunately they hadn't. I reported the issue to the Ebsco Help Desk and the person that oversees the FTP site where we download the title lists. They referred me back to the title list change reports even though I told them that I found mistakes that weren't on the title list change reports. They haven't released a title list change report for August yet, but once this report is released, we will check to see if they have made corrections to the titles that have incorrect coverage dates. In the meantime, we are correcting the individual problems as they are reported to us.
If you find inaccuracies on Ebsco title lists-or other lists for that matter-please report them to us and we will be sure to make changes on the global list. These changes will cascade to all libraries that have the particular Ebsco database in their holdings.
Also, you can report the problem directly to Ebsco's tech support unit. I hope that if several libraries report the problem, particularly if it affects lots of journals, they will consider updating the entire title list(s).
Title List Change Reports (email me directly for the login)
Ebsco Tech Support
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
CO Alliance of Research Libraries
3801 E. Florida Ave. Ste 515
Denver, CO 80210
Email secured by Check Point