GOLDRUSH-L Archives

July 2008

GOLDRUSH-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goldrush Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:59:37 -0600
Hello Gold Rush subscribers,

Gale has updated their algorithm for creating article links into their
databases.  Some of the original targets we configured for linking to Gale
databases no longer work.  Our developers have updated these local targets
to Gale and plan to release the code tonight.  This updated code should
provide more accurate article linking to Gale databases.  Once the new code
is released, we will need to check each site to be sure you have the correct
targets and links are working properly.  We suspect this will take about a
day.  We apologize for any inconvenience, but this should alleviate all the
problems you have experienced linking to articles in Gale databases.

Please note that Gale targets will be inaccessible from 5pm MST through
Wednesday AM. This means that article links to Gale won't work for this
period of time.  Also, please don't configure or change any article targets
between 4pm MST today through tomorrow at 5pm.   Tomorrow access should be
reinstated, but we may need to alter some of your Gale targets to be sure
that you have the correct targets for the databases to which you subscribe.
Since we will be in you staff toolbox making changes to targets, we ask that
you abstain from making any modifications to the "Article Targets" section
of Gold Rush during this timeframe.  Once work has been completed, I will
send out a confirmation email.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience as we make this enhancement to Gale
article targets.

Rose

Rose Nelson
Systems Librarian