ALLIANCE-L Archives

October 2021

ALLIANCE-L@LIST.COALLIANCE.ORG

From:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rose Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:51:49 +0000
Please excuse cross postings:

Hello

The CAL Mentorship Interest Group<https://cal-webs.org/Mentorship_Interest_Group> is looking for interested Colorado library staff and leaders to sign up to participate in this program as mentors!

Our interest group is dedicated to facilitating mentorship programs for interested and motivated library staff throughout Colorado, and increasing diversity in library leadership by empowering library workers, library administrators, and information professionals from marginalized and underrepresented groups to connect with each other and share professional knowledge and experience for career growth.

We are offering a variety of  mentorship opportunities<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJE3pTpRl3N-SNtpQO4n7IJITK4D6v7W/view?usp=sharing> and are currently recruiting mentors for each mentorship type.  We think that you would be a perfect fit for one or more of our mentoring options!

Thanks to the generous support of the Jefferson County Public Library, you do not need to be a CAL member to participate.

We encourage you to visit the CAL website to:

  *   Review our purpose and goals<https://cal-webs.org/Mentorship_Interest_Group> for the Let's Connect program
  *   Review the Mentoring Menu of Options<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJE3pTpRl3N-SNtpQO4n7IJITK4D6v7W/view?usp=sharing> available for both mentors and mentees
  *    Sign up to be a mentor!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSca5bOqNHqRyYaF4I6oB2vA-ItoGJ20voCjJ8uaafVnCxogtg/viewform>

If you have any questions, or need more information, feel free to contact us at any time at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

If you are not interested, or simply do not have the time in the coming year to be considered as a mentor, let us know and we can remove you from our list.

Thanks, on behalf of the CAL Leadership Development Committee!

  *   Christine Kreger - Colorado State Library
  *   Rose Nelson - Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
  *   Padma Polepeddi - Jefferson County Library
  *   Donna Walker - Jefferson County Library
  *   Bailey Wallace - Auraria Library

Rose Nelson
Assistant Director/Prospector Coordinator
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
303-759-3399 X103
3801 E. Florida Ave.
Denver, CO 80210